3m automotive tape instructions

• Este tópico está vazio.
Visualizando 0 resposta da discussão
  • Autor
      Olli-Pekka

3m automotive tape instructions
      Download / Read Online 3m automotive tape instructions

Login or Register an account to access your garage. Get support here in My Corner to keep your Account on track. Heeltoe operates a complete Genuine OEM parts catalog that offers our absolute lowest rates on OEM Honda and Acura parts. Login or Register an account to access your garage. Heeltoe has a simple process you should use when installing any parts using this tape. It allows you to securely and permanently mount all manner of accessories to the outside of your car without making a permanent commitment. However, amid reports of spoilers flying off, parts failing to stay put, and items being mounted crookedly, we felt the need to present some tips on how to best install items using this tape, as many items from Fastline Performance and ATLP use it for installation. In this post, we are installing a Fastline Performance decklid spoiler on a TSX. In recent years we have posted a video outlining the below process on YouTube! Prepare the surface where the item will be mounted. A clean, dry surface is required in order for parts to stick properly. Alcohol removes contaminants and evaporates quickly without damaging painted surfaces. Here is where the special method comes in. On many of the Fastline or ATLP parts, the strips terminate in the middle of the part as well as at the ends. I like to do a small section at either end of the tape strips. Mockup the part on the car my lightly installing. Thoroughly examine the positioning of your part, making sure it is centered and matches the curvature of the mounting surface. On this spoiler we have gotten it to a good position. Now we can peel the rest of the backing away to stick it in place exactly where we have it. Gently pull away the tape backing with the part in place. Gently pull the backing out, putting light pressure on the part to keep it steady or in place as needed. I am peeling from the middle here. Usually, I like peeling from the middle first, toward the edges. Once all the backing is peeled form under the part, apply some really firm pressure for about 30 seconds in all mounting places. The 3M tape needs to bond with the mounting surface, and it needs pressure to do this. The part will seem like it is stuck on but keep pressing for at least 30 seconds. And there you have it, mounted flat just where you want it! This spoiler was modeled after the EDM Ducktail spoiler, which has a nice, low profile look but is fiendishly hard to get and is very expensive. It is definitely a cut above eBay quality, for sure. Your email address will not be published. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Copyright 2020 Heeltoe Automotive. An auto factory worker inspecting car production line. At 3M, we discover and innovate in nearly every industry to help solve problems around the world. Tape right, consistently and fast can help you get strong, reliable bonds. Tape is the strong, reliable, durable solution your application needs, how do you optimize your process? Are there ways to make the application more consistent? Should the tape be pressed down when applied? Can you reduce manual labor in the application? This page can help answer some of these questions. Work with your 3M representative for facilitation and recommendations. Let us share our expertise to create a winning solution for you. Getting the surface right up front can save time and trouble later. Cleaning helps form a better bond, and some contaminants require more attention than others. Priming and abrading can also improve the ability of the adhesive to stick to the substrate in certain situations. A 3M Application Engineer briefly describes the role of clean surfaces in adhesive and tape bonding, discusses appropriate cleaning tools and demonstrates basic substrate cleaning. Tape to bond to and demonstrates different methods of primer application. A primer creates a new surface for the adhesive to bond to and can improve initial and ultimate adhesion to many materials such as plastics, paints and other Low Surface Energy substrates. Tape can help form a better bond, and discusses different hand and power tools to use. Abrasion can help remove heavy dirt or oxides, create additional surface area or smooth a textured surface for improved contact. Clean the substrate after abrading to make sure all sanding debris is removed from the bond area. Start the tape at the edge of the surface and lay it down, applying constant pressure as you go. Automated application has two levels. A 3M Application Engineer explains the need to apply pressure across the width of the tape and demonstrates how to do so. Typically, this is achieved by the application of greater than 15 psi at the tape bond line. Tape and demonstrates how to do so. Need help finding the right product for your project? All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. Please complete the form below and we will respond to your request promptly. The 3M Industrial Sample Request Program is available filexlib.
      3m automotive tape guide
      3m automotive tape manually
      3m automotive tape manual
      3m automotive tape guide
      3m automotive tape handbuch

Visualizando 0 resposta da discussão
Responder a: 3m automotive tape instructions
Sua informação: